About Me

My photo
Bold & beautiful proud African Woman. Living passionately,indulging selflessly and loving deeply.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My First stint at baby Sitting

Saturday 20th February 2010.

I have heard from most of my friends that taking care of kids is a full time job! So when an opportunity came up to house/baby sit my nephew Lincoln 7 and niece Melody 3, I took it on purely for learning reasons.

So like all tasks,I got a brief from my cousin as we drove to the airport yesterday. My first task last night was sending the kids to bed. Kids don't just go to sleep;they are sedated with bedtime stories, prayers, hugs and kisses. You must come up with an interesting story every night! It must be believable and intriguing to keep them interested.

"Once upon a time, there was a man who had a cow, which had one horn.....ahhh the cow was sad because all her friends had two horns........ ahhhh so she went to the owner and asked him why she had one horn....The owner said because you are special.:-)" Phew!! What a gamble! The story was so short that they demanded for another one. The only ones that came to mind where Bible stories. The story of Moses being rescued from the floating basket carried the precious hearts to dreamland.I prayed for them and tucked them into bed.

Since we had no power this morning, we all wore jeans to church.However, we encountered a little snag when my car failed to start.! I faced one of those very hectic interrogations from where is mummy, where is daddy, why did the car fail to start? Where is your church? Do they give gifts...... Then on the way to church,Melody wanted to do susu. I was like, "do it in the pamper!" for a minute, i felt uncomfortable about the decision but really had no choice. I called the mechanic and discovered that the guy who has been servicing my car has not changed the plugs in a while. Lesson learnt, always check that all parts have been replaced by asking for the old parts to be shown to you.

We are back home from church and we have been told that we will not have power in another 2 days! "So Auntie,how I'm i going to do my homework?
"I need to watch TV..." Melody asked with tears in her eyes. And now Lincoln just asked,who I'm telling all this stuff to.

I'm mentally exhausted but tomorrow is another day. Early rise at 6, be on the road by 7. Drop kids at school and then wait for the next episodes.Im enjoying this by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment