About Me

My photo
Bold & beautiful proud African Woman. Living passionately,indulging selflessly and loving deeply.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Bantu Princess

What would we do without mobile telephony and the indulgences that come with it? I hear MTN makes a killing from the late night sms’ hence the introduction of the “late chat” product profile. I love smsing!! And when I meet someone who loves working the keypad as much as I do, I indulge mercilessly!! Don’t you just love the imagination that comes from the constant exchange of words?
You are never certain of the next response but when the phone signals or buzzes,(You are in a meeting and have put the phone on silent so you can still engage in your little act of pleasure) you wait with anticipation to decode the message.
Such is one very pleasurable indulgence of mine lately, not to mention my best companion who beautifully crafted the name Bantu princess. You see, my friend comes from West Africa and he is Yoruba. Yorubas have a rich heritage and a strong cultural background. My Friend Yoruba says that Yorubas are the elite group in Nigeria. They live a sophisticated life, have at least two degrees, have lived and studied in London, speak pidgin and are very intelligent. At the end of this rhetoric,I’m bored and giving my friend the signal to stop blowing the his trumpet because the Bantu, just like the Yoruba, though not very educated and elitist share the same uniqueness-Power!!
I love the sound of Bantu Princess!! Wouldn’t you? It screams royalty, supremacy and control. Don’t we all wish we came from some famous family, went to some famous school and are treated like princesses? So you can imagine two egotistic souls, dubbing the mob keys trying to pronounce whose dominance extends further and what Yorubas are and Bantu not!
It’s then that Yoruba blubbers, Uhh Bantu Princess, you have the name but it’s copyrighted. You can’t use it at your will.
In protest, I set up this blog and like the Baganda say, Yoruba can go and hang on a tomato tree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment