About Me

My photo
Bold & beautiful proud African Woman. Living passionately,indulging selflessly and loving deeply.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Forgiveness

This was written on Saturday,22nd October 2011 at 8:41pm. This was after someone very close to me made a very careless statement.I avoided them for these 8 months and you can not imagine but a heart full of pain can breed. I loathed everything about them, Couldn't look them in the eye and this went on for another 20 months. I must say time heels all things. I have since recovered from this painful season. 8 months ago, someone made a random statement. Yes "random" because he well, he just opened his mouth and made a casual statement. The power of words! Recently I have been going over Steve Jobbs quotes and being enriched by the the life they propagate! This and other books have been on my menu for reviving my soul. What that random statement did to me was profound! There has not been enough" secret shifters" to redirect my energy and get me back on course! I was hurt! Being hurt is a sign that there's something in you that requires attention! When you get hurt it means that you have a tender spot you have been resisting the need to address. Along comes some unsuspecting soul, doing what they do and they stick their finger on the tender spot. It makes you angry that you did not see it coming! This creates a sense of vulnerability! The vulnerability that comes from the over powering effect of wat the person has done. To be vulnerable is to accept that you stand defenseless and that you will protected! So you start on a journey to forgiveness knowing that you are standing in the power of your authentic self. It allows you to be innocent so that you can be strong.. that no matter what happens u will heal. To forgive is not to allow or say its okay.It is facing your biggest pain and disarming it.Saying in your mind that it is well with my soul. Now I feel the pain start to leave my soul and happy that it leaves behind a cleaner shelf with no skeletons. May the healing begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment